Guess what?! It’s a new challenge from the Sisterhood. This one is fairly simple. Make your own goals. And then be accountable every week. This challenge is only through the month of May. Thirty-one days. We can do this. What are my goals you ask?
1. Continue with my runs 3 days a week. I have Tough Mudder in September, which seems like a long way away, but the 10-mile course is on a mountain. So I need to keep my cardio up. After a day or 2 of rest from today’s half Mary.
2. Do strength training focusing on my upper body. This will include continuing with the pushup challenge. I just finished week 5 last week and will be starting week 6 this week. When I’m done, I will go back to week 4 again and keep working on them throughout this month. The one thing that I’m worried about Tough Mudder is all the upper body strength the obstacles will take. I have a fairly weak upper body and I want to succeed at this amazing challenge that’s in my future.
3. I need to come up with a workout plan for when I’m road-tripping with the kids next month. I won’t have the luxury of my treadmill in the garage. I think I’m going to use The Nike Training Club App because I don’t really need equipment for most of the exercises. But I want to write it down so it’s on paper.
4. Since our group didn’t get picked for the Nike Women’s Marathon, I’d like to find a different fall race to do. Ashley and Beki are looking at a half through wine country that is the same day as Nike.
So these are my goals for May. They may not seem like much, but they are mine, and that’s what this challenge is all about right?
The Sisterhood is also adding some opportunities to be more active within their (our) little corner of the internets. Get to blogging about your goals and link up with Shrinking Jeans. Make sure you are also a member of the ‘Hood and check in with on Monday nights at 8 Central for SisterChat. Don’t forget about the #Tworkout on Tuesday nights at 8 Central where April leads us all through a kick-butt workout via twitter. If you are able to stay awake long enough, join Mel on Thursday nights at 10 Central on twitter for Happy Hour. (Since that’s 11pm for me, you probably won’t see me there.) There’s definitely a lot going on this month. So get busy!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone